In 1952, a Christian businessman named Demos Shakarian established the Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International ( FGB or FGBMFI ) in America.
FGB provides a platform for businessmen in the marketplace to give testimonies and bring men to Christ. In the past 64 years, FGB has developed many chapters and actively served in the marketplace in 140 nations around the world, leading tens of thousands of men from different races and backgrounds to Christ.
On June 6, 1982, I remembered the first time I was introduced to the ministry of the FGB. I was deeply impressed by the testimonies of the brothers and their lifestyle evangelism manifesting the amazing power of the Holy Spirit. I decided to commit my life to serving the FGB ministry and it has now been over 34 years since we started our ministry in Hong Kong. Since then we have attracted tens of thousands of people to our outreach banquets and chapter meetings especially men from the business sectors and the marketplace. They would hear life changing stories through Jesus at meetings held in restaurants and hotels. Through these meetings, many broken-hearted people have been healed, lives transformed with joy and power.
However, FGB is not a church, nor is it affiliated to any particular church, and we will not plant our own churches. Few hundreds of our members are men from some 200 different churches. Together with their wives and family members, these brothers are mighty warriors in Christ, representing different denominations, races and cultural backgrounds. We are like the “Marine Corps”, who would not settle in occupied territories, but only carry out the mission.
Our goal is "Mission Accomplished, and Come Back Alive". When we sail our “Gospel Battleship” to different regions and cities, the mission will not be successful without the support of local churches. We cannot fight the battle alone. After winning souls in our outreaches, we need churches to receive and look after the new converts. Otherwise these fruits will not remain.
We understand the importance of church life, therefore we emphasise that each member should be faithful in their own church ministry. We encourage the brothers to be submissive to their church leaders and serve the Lord fervently. In fact, our members would not be reducing their church attendance. Having joined FGB, they would bring a lot of converts back to their own churches. Today, many members have become elders and leaders in churches, while some have become outstanding and influential members of society.
We are looking forward to having a close communication and partnership with different churches. By combining the strengths from the churches, marketplace and intercessors, we believe we could win more souls in the cities and nations. By obeying the Lord of hosts, we would see our society transformed to be a more harmonious community.
A man without distant concern, he must have immediate worries
Humanity today face unprecedented pressure to terrorist activities, and like a cancer grows, together with numerous global disasters, where do you find peace?
Since over 60 years ago, Mr. Demos Shakarian established Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International (FGBMFI), then members all over the World have inexplicable peace as they find Christ! They established chapters in major cities and countries, to make a golden chain of blessings to spread out this peace to the corners of the world.
This golden chain of blessings, with each link connected, is benefiting the world. The testimonies in our website tell you that even though life is tough but the Lord's grace is sufficient to cover us.
Today, would you like to receive that peace? Just come to Christ and accept Him as your Savior, you will become a link in this chain of blessings. Jesus' love is able to change your life and bless you!
Our Vision for the Fellowship is based upon a series of prophetic messages given over a period of time and confirmed by a literal vision from God
- Mass Conversions
Untold masses of men from every continnt and nation, of all races and diverse culture and custom, once spiritually dead, are now alive. Delivered and set free, they are filled with the power of God's Holy Spirit, faces radiant with glory, hands raised and voices lifting their praises to heaven.
- Outpouring of the Holy Spirit
A vast global movement of laymen comprised of millions of men being used mightily by God to bring this last great harvest through the outpouring of God's Holy Spirit before the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
In the vision, we see:
- To reach men in nations for Jesus Christ.
- To call men back to God.
- To help believers to be baptized in the Holy Spirit and to grow spiritually.
- To train and equip men to fulfill the Great Commission.
- To provide an opportunity for Christian fellowship.
- To bring a greater unity among all people in the body of Christ.
Full Gospel business Men's Fellowship International was founded in 1952 by an American, Demos Shakarian, to reach men for Jesus. The Fellowship's ministries, now touching over a hundred countries, transcending denominational, racial and cultural barriers, having established thousands of chapters all over the world.
The Hong Kong Chapter was formed in 1987 by a group of happy and lively Christian business men who work closely with the Church to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ
We are not a church, but a trans-denominational fellowship. Our members come from different countries, cultures, denominations, classes and occupations. We share boldly in our regular meetings, witnessing the love of Jesus and the miraculous changes in life through the power of God. We testify of a meaningful and fulfilled life through our everyday experiences.
Our members are committed to Christ and faithful to the Church. We are not a church. Our role is to serve and act as bridge between different groups within the Church. We would refer the people who have received salvation in our meetings back to their churches.
- We believe in one God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- We believe that the Son of God, Jesus Christ, became incarnate, was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin mary and is true God and true man.
- We believe the Bible in its entirety, to be the inspired Word of God and the only infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- We Believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Christ.
- We believe in sanctification by the blood of Christ, in personal holiness of heart and life, and in separation from the word.
- We believe in divine healing, through faith and that healing is included in the Atonement.
- We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit accompanied by the initial physical signs of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterances (Acts 2:4) as distinct from the new birth and in the nine gifts of the Spirit, Listed in 1 Corinthians 12, as now available to believers.
- We believe in the Christians' hope of the imminemt personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in His glory.
- We believe in intensive world evangelization and missionary work in accordance with the Great Commission with signs and wonders following.